Sunday, March 18, 2007

Merry Christmas 2006

Originally Posted 17th of December 2006

Dear friends and family,

We realized that we forgot to wish all of you a Merry Christmas in our last message this morning and that we may not have access to the internet before next Christmas day. In reality, our time at the MTC has been so focused on preparation that we have been surprisingly unconcious of the fact that Christmas is upon us once again. I feel that we have been blessed with one of the greatest Christmas presents we could ever receive in our stage of life, a wonderful healthy family who say they love us and the opportunity to wear a name tag that identifies us as servants of the Lord Jesus Christ. I feel that if I died tomorrow my life would have not been wasted.

We had a chance to teach an english class to a small group of young missionaries this week. I have taught hundreds of classes over the course of my life, perhaps thousands; and I have never before been so priveleged to teach such an enthusiastic, beautiful and appreciative group. Sister Kane taught them about the " comparative " form of an adjective using " er " - tall and taller. I got to teach them the superlative of " good better and best ". Today at sacrament meeting, one of the young Tonga Elders, with a face that shone like a beacon of love and hope came up to me and showed me that he had remembered what we had taught. " Will you come back to teach us again " he asked in his gentle tongan accent. " No " I re[lied," We are leaving ". " I'm sorry " he said, " We had fun when you taught us ". " Good, better, best " he replied as evidence that he had not forgotten. " Good, better, best " I responded, " like each of you wonderful missionaries in the class - The Very Best ". " I want to be a good missionary " he said. It brings me to tears just thinking about it.

We wish you the Best Christmas of your lives. If your Christmas Season is anywhere near as good as ours has been thus far, it will be a memorable Christma indeed. to you and yours, May the light and joy of Christ shine in evey fibre of your being and in everything that you do.

Love
Elder and Sister Kane

No comments: